Information About Us
www.bridgeindia.org.uk is a website operated by Bridge India CIO, registered charity number 1183696. We are regulated by the Charity Commission in England & Wales. Our main trading address is c/o EPG, The Office Group, 2 Stephen Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1AN, United Kingdom.
Our website and its content (including but not limited to, animations, character design, text, software, music, lyrics, sound, photographs, graphics, video, audio, infographics page layouts and design) are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright and trade marks.
You may download and print content from our website for your own internal business purposes and/or personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our website.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Accessing our website
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Bridge India takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable at any time or for any period. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
When using our website, you must comply with the provisions of our Acceptable Use policy detailed below.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
We reserve the right to charge you to access certain information on our website. We will inform you where a charge will be incurred by you for accessing certain services or information.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Bridge India. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those website. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which any reliance should be placed. Bridge India is an independent body which does not express opinions of its own. The opinions expressed in our publications and other website content are the responsibility of the authors. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our website regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely, at any time, for instance, for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Disclaimers and our liabilities
The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, including, but not limited to, any implied term of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and any standard of reasonable care and skill.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Your use of our website is at your sole risk. Our website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we do not guarantee that our website will be suitable for your purposes or requirements. If your computer does not support relevant technology, including encryption, you may not be able to use certain services or access certain information on our site. We will not be responsible for any failure of electronic messages or images (whether via the internet or SMS) sent through the service to reach your intended recipient on the date specified by you.
Our website is accessed via the World Wide Web which is independent of us. Your use of the World Wide Web is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. We do not represent that our site is appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom. We shall have no responsibility for any information or service obtained by you on the World Wide Web.
The content of our website has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice. We use reasonable care in compiling and presenting the content of our site, but we give no guarantee that the content is complete, accurate, error or virus free or up to date.
We do not assume any liability, or responsibility, for any content uploaded or otherwise transmitted by you or any third party to our site.
All information and content on our site is the copyright of Bridge India. Our trading name and our site are owned by us and are descriptive of our products and services.
Uploading material to our website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our website, or to make contact with other users of our website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy detailed below (Content Standards). You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. If any such material is confidential, please do not upload it. You also waive any moral rights in such material for the purposes of its publication on our website. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove or edit any material or posting you make on our website if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the Content Standards.
Hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 may have been committed and we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page without our express permission. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards.
It is sometimes possible to access our site through a link located on another web site or within a third party email communication. We do not make any representations, or endorse any products, materials, companies or individuals that provide a link to our site or make any warranties with respect to any information contained in or at these other sites or third party email communications.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to the email@example.com.
Links from our site
Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, do not endorse and are not liable for any content advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Any dealings by you with any third party on or through our website shall be solely between you and that third party and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from any such dealings, nor shall we be deemed to be acting as an agent for you in any such dealings.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
These terms and conditions of use and your use of the services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with all matters relating to these terms and conditions of use.
Website acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website. It applies to all users of and visitors to our website. Your use of our website means that you accept and agree to abide by all the policies in this acceptable use policy which supplement our terms of website use as stated above.
www.brigeindia.org.uk is a website operated by Bridge India Registered Charity (no. pending) and our address is c/o Pennington Manches LLP, 125 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7AW, United Kingdom.
We are regulated by the Charity Commission (registration pending).
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use detailed above;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
– any part of our site;
– any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
– any software used in the provision of our site; or
– any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party relating to our site.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms and discussion forums;
- Bulletin boards;
- Polls and feedback forms.
- Registration and application forms
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter.
The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site.
When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to our acceptable use policy
We may revise these acceptable use at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.