We’re delighted to share with you a new series of Zoom webinars on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investing, climate change and sustainability in India.
(You will be able to see all our webinar sessions on Facebook Live here and our past webinar sessions on our YouTube channel here. Hear from diverse voices across India on how the COVID-19 lockdown is impacting young people, on our Instagram channel here.)
Where next for the global climate agenda post COVID-19? (Tuesday 12th May)
You can watch the recording of the webinar on our YouTube Channel here.
As the world recovers from COVID-19, governments dealing with its aftermath and short-term fixes to boost the economy may prevent us from addressing longer-term risks like climate change. A study published in the medical journal the Lancet predicts 500,000 adult deaths caused by climate change by 2050, including 135,000 in India alone. The truly global nature of the COVID-19 crisis is forcing us to recognise that we are all in this together. This session will cover the following topics:
- What is India’s climate change story so far?
- Where do we stand vis-à-vis India in a post-COVID-19 world and what in particular can be done in respect of the built environment when it comes to sustainability and climate change
- Why philanthropy is so key to addressing the crisis?
- What can the UK and India do to tackle the climate change crisis in both countries and globally.
- Chirag Rao, Senior Associate and Co-Head of India Group, Howard Kennedy LLP (chair)
- Shloka Nath, Head, Sustainability and Special Projects at Tata Trusts; Executive Director, India Climate Collaborative
- Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
- Urvashi Devidayal, Sankalp India Lead, Intellecap