When we think of national security threats to India, we think of insurgency and terrorism, border disputes, protests and unrest within India, cyber warfare and potentially even the security of India’s technological future with the advent of 5G. A common theme is the visible threat of invisible actors, whether within the country or from outside.
But the nature of these threats is evolving, with social media, closed networks and technology playing more influential roles and requiring authorities to employ a wider variety of tools in their arsenal.
To help you understand these national security threats, Logically brings you a session with the most eminent and influential voices from within security, government and media. In collaboration with The Quint, we will discuss the new threats India faces, how it can leverage technology and technology-led intelligence services to defend itself, thereby converting unknown unknowns into known unknowns.
Our panellists are:
- Sushovan Sircar, Technology and Cyber Policy reporter, The Quint (Twitter) – moderator
- Lieutenant General Syed Ata Hasnain (retd), Former GOC, 15 Army Corps (Jammu & Kashmir) (Twitter)
- Lieutenant General Satish Dua (retd), Former Chief of Integrated Defence Staff, Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee (Twitter)
- Abhinav Pandya, former Strategic Affairs Advisor, Office of the Governor of Jammu & Kashmir/ Founder and CEO, Usanas Foundation (Twitter)
- Aditya Raj Kaul, Contributing Editor, CNN-News18 (Twitter)
- Lyric Jain, Founder and CEO, Logically
If you would like to submit any questions ahead of the webinar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our earlier sessions on misinformation and disinformation here.