Bridge India is delighted to be a supporter of the Uganda-UK Trade and Investment Convention (UCUK), which is one of the most important Ugandan investment events held annually in the UK. It has a very strong investment focus and is attended by many of the most important investors investing into East Africa and by investors interested in learning more about East African investment opportunities.
UCUK focuses on attracting investment into Uganda, particularly in growth sectors that can create quality jobs at scale. This convention connects British businesses, professionals and like-minded people seeking new business and investment opportunities in Africa.
The forum brings together experts, high profile business and government delegates from Uganda and UK, business leaders, Ugandans in the Diaspora, professionals and representatives from prominent organisations based in Uganda, the UK and beyond.
Past speakers include:
- H.E Hon. E. Ssekandi, Vice President of Uganda
- Eric Olanya, Country Director of DIT-Uganda, British High Commission
- Lord Dolar Popat, Trade Envoy to Uganda and Rwanda
- Catherine Wines, Co-Founder, WorldRemit Limited
- Martin Best, MD, Full Reach
- Hon. Irene Muloni, Minister for Energy and Mineral
- Hon. Betty Kamya, Minister for Lands and Natural Resources
- Martin Labbé, Manager, International Trade Centre
- Lars Jensen, Area Manager, Uganda Colas Limited
- Gen. Kasiita-Gow, Director, Immigration and Citizenship
- Susan Kereere, Head of Global Merchant Sales&Acquiring, Visa Inc.
- Alysia Silberg, General Partner, Street Global Venture Capital
- Dr. Benon Mutambi, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Peace Kabunga, Executive Director, Housing Finance Bank
- Subhash Thakrar, Chairman, London Chamber of Commerce (Former)
- Col. Edith Nakalema, Head, Statehouse Anti-Corruption Unit
Delegates will have access to up-to-date information on the vast potential for investment that Uganda offers to both the domestic and international community. The delegates also have a chance to a one-on-one with a dedicated team from a One Stop Centre (OSC) to answer questions from business registration, tax advice and registration, immigration and work permit issues, land acquisition and verification, as well as environmental compliance, approvals and licensing.
If you wish to attend, please register here.