Bridge India is a progressive non-profit think tank dedicated to discourse on public policy for the betterment of India.
India represents an ancient civilisation, united by a shared history and sustained by a pluralist democracy. The idea of India is one that is inclusive, secular, and with a Constitution that provides for the vast diversity of its composite culture. The idea of India is the idea of embracing the many.
India’s national identity has been built on unity in diversity, and it has long celebrated the commonality of major differences amongst its people. It offers many truths, each of which give shape and substance to the idea of India.
But the ‘India Story’ abroad is often presented through a narrow lens, be it focusing only on business and the economy, society or policy landscape. Given its diversity, everything about India, and its polar opposite, is true in unison. Bridge India seeks to highlight and celebrate this nuance, to help India-watchers understand India better.
What we do
Providing a space from broad and open minded debate, with the focus on connecting India watchers and diaspora to India.
A platform for discourse on public policy for the betterment of India.
Facilitating member debate, conducting research and seminars, with diverse engagement at the heart of everything we do.
Through our work, we proactively present a vision and narrative for engagement with India that engages young diaspora, policy makers, and other India-watchers.
We are currently in the process of being registered as a CIO with the Charity Commission in England and Wales. Our trustees, Advisors and Secretariat have considerable experience in the charity sector in England & Wales, and aim to bring that to Bridge India, in order to make it a sustainable and well-governed organisation.
India's national identity has been built on a unity in diversity. Bridge India's group of advisors reflects this.
- Dr A Didar Singh Former Secretary-General, FICCI
- Prof Mukulika Banerjee Associate Professor, Director South Asia Center, LSE
- Salil Tripathi Author and renowned journalist
- Dr Kadira Pethiyagoda Fellow, Brookings Institution; Parliamentary candidate, Australia
- Professor Rajeev Gowda Former Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha
- Pratik Dattani Managing Director, EPG
- Harprit S Suri Director, Oceanic Jewellers
- Manprit Sardana Content creator, television and digital professional
- Sarfraz Ashraf Medical professional, National Health Service
- Deepak Narwal European Economic Senator
- Santosh Bhanot Founder and Chair, The Asian Circle
- Kishan Devani Treasurer's Envoy, Vice-President of Campaign for Race Equality, Liberal Democrats
- Shamit Ghosh Managing Partner, Parker Lloyd Ventures